Lecture Notes Day 3
- Do the Programming the RCX, Training center.
- Break 10:15, 15 minutes.
- Go to the Program Vault and read, understand,
download and test the first 5 programs with appropriate set of
motors and sensors.
- Design and program a remote controlled mobile robot, with the
- It has two motors and two touch sensors, connected through
long wires to the ports.
- The program turns the two motors on, then listens to the
sensors. When the left sensor is pressed, it stops the left
motor, when the right one is pressed, it stops the other motor.
This allows you to turn the robot left or right by pressing the
- Extra feature: figure out a way of turning off the robot with
- Break 2:15, 15 minutes
- When done, prepare the lab report for the day.
- Take a picture of your robot.
- Do the web page for day 3 and link it from your main page.
- Explain briefly what you did today, put the picture of the
robot on the web page, and post the page on the web.
- If done and want to do more:
start working on the last robot project described in the
book. It stops and turns when it reaches the
end of the table. Do not worry if you won't get to do the programming
for it yet :-)
Page last updated June 8, 2001