- Administrative: novell and Unix class accounts, class
overview and class home page.
- Quick overview of topics:
- Object-Oriented Programming in C++.
- Data Structures: stacks, queues, lists, trees, graphs, etc.
- More Unix commands, utilities and concepts.
- From C to C++, part 1: basic I/O.
- Mini Lab 1, getting started with C++ and basic I/O.
- Assignment: to review from CS111: basic statements (if, for,
while), functions and arrays.
- Overview of homework 1.
on our Linux machine beowulf
Lab 1: Getting started in C++
- Programming Languages: example of
Java application and
Unix and DOS commands (directories, permissions; mkdir, cd, ls, chmod)
- How to compile a C++ program. How to save a copy of part of a
computer Unix session using
- Getting started with the Unix X-system and C++:
- Make sure that by the end of the lab you did the following:
- Named the files for the two exercises ex1.cpp and
- Used script to record the compilation and execution of
- Submited the 2 programs and the typescript by
submit Lab1 filename
where filename is the file you submit (e.g. ex1.cpp or type1).