Applications of Stacks
- Evaluating arithmetic expressions. A special notation easily
understood by computers: Reverse Polish Notation.
- For next homework, you
will implement the algorithm to convert an arithmetic expression
to postfix form (and more).
- We'll see more about trees in a few weeks - and you will
implement this data structure.
Memory allocation using stacks
- Use of stacks for temporary memory allocation of parameters
and local variables of functions, during function calls.
- More applications of
stacks: memory allocation part I.
- How compilers treat global and local variables and function
- How the call of a function is evaluated using a stack. How
the value returned by a function is stored on top of the system stack.
Preparation for Hw 6: Calculator.