Running Pd using Gem on the Mac
Goal: use keyboard to move a number box that rotates a sphere
and changes its size and color.
- Read the tutorial on Linux Multimedia with Pd and Gem at
under January 2006.
- Refer to the Tutorial on PD and Pd Documentation at the link above as needed
- Start Pd:
- Log into Mac, and open a terminal window (click icon that looks like a monitor in applications folder
- make a directory to put your patches in:
- cd pdgem
- /usr/local/pd/bin/pd -lib gem -path ./
- Under Help, find the Gem manual about 2/3 of the way down
- Try out the stuff
e.g. pitch changes size
volume rotates and translates
octave changes color