CSC270 Midterm Exam Prep
--D. Thiebaut 14:33, 28 February 2011 (EST)
Below are typical questions that have been taken from previous midterm exams.
- Assume you have a boolean function f defined as:
- f = Σ(1,3,5).
- Give the maxterm canonical form of f.
- Implement f above with NANDs only. With NORs only.
- Implement the function below with a 4-to-16 decoder. Be efficient in your design.
- f = Σ(0,1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,14)
- Implement a 3-to-8 decoder with several 2-to-4 decoders. You may assume that the decoders have
enable inputs, and you are free to choose active-high or active-low signals.
- What is the boolean representation of the function f shown in the figure below? Express f in its
- What is the state diagram of the sequential circuit shown below, if D2 is set to 1 always? If D2 is set to