· Download main package RTcmix-3.0.5.tar.gz and instrument packages insts.std-3.0.5.tar.gz, insts.mch-3.0.5.tar.gz and insts.jg-3.0.5.tar.gz. You do not need the instrument packages in order for RTcmix to work. These just contain extra instruments to play with. The core RTcmix is in the main package. The packages are available at http://www.music.columbia.edu/cmix/
· Uncompress and unzip the packages:
· gunzip RTcmix-3.0.5.tar.gz (uncompresses the package)
· tar –xvf RTcmix-3.0.5.tar (unzips the package and creates many directories under folder RTcmix-3.0.5. See Linux man pages for description of “tar”)
· To make life easier, either rename or copy the entire folder RTcmix-3.0.5 to RTcmix. It becomes really annoying to constantly type RTcmix-3.0.5 after a while. To rename use:
· mv SOURCEDIR TARGETDIR
· Move your instrument packages inside the RTcmix folder and uncompress/unzip in there.
· Modify makefile.conf
· Change TOPDIR to point to the folder containing RTcmix-3.0.5
· Change CMIXDIR to RTcmix
· Change INST_DIR to include all the instrument packages you are using. If you got them all, just delete the hash (#) mark.
· If you downloaded the interface package, make sure to include in the PACKAGE_DIRS var.
· Type “make && make install” from the RTcmix directory
· Add the bin directory inside of the RTcmix directory to your $PATH.
**********For additional help, consult the INSTALL file within the RTcmix directory************